How Violent Crime Charges Can Derail Your Future
Violent crimes can result in harsh criminal penalties. Most are felonies, and many carry mandatory prison terms if the prosecution is able to prove the use of a deadly weapon or bodily injury to the victim.A potentially lengthy prison sentence isn’t the only consequence of a conviction. Your future will also be impacted — including your employment, housing opportunities, ability to own a firearm and reputation.
You Deserve a Team of Legal Allies
At Rowdy G. Williams Law Firm P.C. in Terre Haute, we take violent crime cases seriously. Our defense lawyers will spare no effort in providing you with the best defense possible. We are committed to fighting for you each step of the way.
At our office, you will have the advantage of working with a former deputy prosecutor. With an insider’s perspective on how the other side will approach your case, attorney Rowdy Williams knows how to use every available avenue to build a strong defense.
With more than 30 years of combined experience, our legal team can help you with any type of violent crime charge in Indiana, including:
- Battery, which can a misdemeanor or felony, depending on the circumstances
- Rape and sexual battery involving the use of force, threats or weapons
- Domestic violence, including domestic battery, criminal confinement and kidnapping
- Homicide, including manslaughter and murder
- Armed robbery involving the use or threat of deadly weapons
- Burglary, which carries harsher penalties if anyone was injured
- Any other offense involving firearms, knives or other deadly weapons
Exploring All Available Defenses
You should never assume that the prosecution has a watertight case against you. On the contrary, you may have a strong defense such as:
- Defense of others
- Lack of intent to cause harm or commit a crime
- Mistaken identity