Experienced Criminal Lawyer Fighting For You
Relentless. One of the terms commonly used to describe Rowdy is relentless. You will find that he will outwork and out-prepare his opponent. Rowdy has over two decades of success winning jury trials. You can rely on our criminal defense attorneys located in to go above and beyond regarding your case. Hiring a criminal lawyer is one of the most important decisions you can make and the right lawyer can make all of the difference.
A Dismissal of your case is our number one priority. There is no substitute for selecting a knowledgeable, aggressive criminal defense lawyer who hates to lose. You need someone on your side to help you through what is probably the biggest challenge you have been faced with. It is Rowdy’s pledge that our Firm will provide the aggressive legal representation that your case deserves. It is our Firm’s motto that when you retain us, “Your Case” becomes “Our Case”. We will treat you like family and work tirelessly to win your case.
Award Winning Criminal Lawyer. Our award-winning Firm has the criminal defense experience to win your case. Our top-rated criminal defense law firm has the experience to win your case at trial. Rowdy is an experienced criminal lawyer, who has established a reputation of excellence in the community.
Jury Trial Experience. If you are facing criminal charges you need Rowdy on your side. To prepare a solid criminal defense strategy, we have found that practicing every day in the courtrooms of Terre Haute and surrounding counties has afforded us the opportunity to gain intimate knowledge of the reasoning used by prosecutors and judges as they assess the misdemeanor and felony the cases brought before them. This knowledge will provide you a distinct advantage compared to an out of town lawyer who has not built these relationships. Having the best possible criminal defense representation can be the difference between prison time and maintaining your freedom.
Charges that Rowdy has successfully defended.
- Drug Related Charges such as Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of Drugs, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Heroin, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Precursors, Manufacturing Methamphetamine, Dealing Drugs, Dealing Marijuana, Dealing Heroin, Dealing Methamphetamine, Dealing Cocaine, Dealing in Marijuana, Dealing in Heroin, Dealing in Methamphetamine, Dealing in Cocaine.
- Auto Theft, Receiving Stolen Auto Parts
- Invasion of Privacy, Stalking Fraud
- Misdemeanors: DUI, Trespassing, Public Intoxication, Conversion, Minor in Possession of Alcohol
- Felonies: Burglary, Theft, Robbery, Murder
- Sex and Violent Crimes: Rape, Child Molesting, Sexual Battery, Sex Crimes, Statutory Rape, Battery, Domestic Battery, Domestic Violence, Aggravated Battery, Battery Resulting in Bodily Injury, Battery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury, Intimidation
Serious Consequences. Drunk driving charges, including OVWI/ DUI alcohol or drugs, are prosecuted aggressively by prosecutors in the Wabash Valley. If you have been charged with DUI, knowing your rights and retaining an experienced and skilled Terre Haute DUI lawyer to evaluate your case is critical. The punishment for drunk driving is serious and can include jail time, fines, outpatient and in-patient treatment programs, and a lengthy driver’s license suspension. Even when you eventually are eligible to get your driver’s license back, you could end up paying thousands of dollars in high-risk insurance premiums. If you are convicted of a second dui or drunk driving offense, you may face a felony charge.
Typical Police Reports. As a former deputy prosecutor, Rowdy knows that law enforcement gathers evidence for potential DUI cases in a variety of ways. Even prior to pulling you over, an officer typically wants to witness firsthand his or her first-hand your driving, and report to the judge if you were weaving in and out of traffic, traveling at a high rate of speed or driving in some other reckless or unsafe manner. When you are pulled over, the police will observe all of your actions. A delay retrieving or dropping your license can be reported as fumbling. If you are nervous or you have sat in your vehicle for a long period of time and brace yourself as you get out of the car, the police may state that you were unsteady on your feet. The law enforcement official typically will shine a bright light into your eyes and state that your eyes were glassy and bloodshot. These statements in police reports are frequent and standard in a dui report. Terre Haute DUI attorney Rowdy Williams have handled hundreds of OVWI/DUI/Drunk Driving cases. He is experienced in cross-examining the witnesses to counter the impact of the aforesaid testimony.
Challenging Evidence. In the event you have failed a Breathalyzer test, there are ways to fight dui charge in court of law. There are certain standards and procedures that law enforcement must be comply with before giving the Breathalyzer test. Our Terre Haute Drunk Driving attorneys thoroughly understands the law, therefore we can provide good legal analysis regarding the admissibility of the test. Rowdy and his colleagues have been successful in keeping this type of evidence out. Our attorneys have also challenged the stops themselves. Whether your case involves an accident, a Breath Test failure and/or guilty statements made to the police, you should still seek the counsel of an experienced dui lawyer to help you stay out of jail.
Bankruptcy-Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
When I founded my Firm I decided to do thinks differently. Our Firm has a client first mentality. When you retain our Firm for your bankruptcy, “Your” case becomes “Our Case”. We have helped thousands of satisfied clients. Our Terre Haute Law Firm has eliminated millions of dollars in debt, and understand the anxiety you may feel if you are currently overwhelmed with debt, car loan repossession threats, mortgage foreclosures, garnishments and creditor harassment. If you and your family are facing mounting financial pressure, a knowledgeable Terre Haute bankruptcy attorney can help you find your way out of debt, and help you obtain a fresh start. We believe in treating each client like he or she is our only client. As such, we strive to deliver the best possible results, thereby allowing our clients to leave my office with a great sense of satisfaction.
$0 Up-Front Attorney Fee Bankruptcy Available In Some Cases
We may be able to file your bankruptcy with $0 attorney fees up-front in some cases.
Benefits of Filing with a bankruptcy attorney. There are tremendous benefits of filing for bankruptcy. In most cases you can keep all of your property and get a fresh start. Here are some of the great benefits of filing bankruptcy:
- Most clients keep all of their property.
- It Stops Foreclosure.
- It Can Stop Car Repossessions.
- It Can Eliminate Certain Tax Debts.
- It Can Eliminate Credit Card Debt.
- It Can Eliminate Medical Debt.
- It Can Stop Wage Garnishments And Lawsuits.
- In Some Cases It Can Lower Your Car Payment.
- It Stops Creditor Harassment.
- It Can Save Your Home And Car.
- It Means You Get A Fresh Start.
Desire a Credit Score of 700? A big misconception that some of my clients make, is that filing with a bankruptcy attorney will ruin their credit score forever. The fact is, filing bankruptcy with a qualified bankruptcy law firm may be the only way to improve their credit score. A lot of debtors have bad credit due to a divorce, job firing or unexpected medical expenses. People have been misled (typically from the credit card companies) regarding people ruining their credit after they file with a bankruptcy lawyer. The following are the facts:
- While filing chapter 7 bankruptcy will remain on your credit report for a 10-year period and chapter 13 bankruptcy will stay on for 7 years, it does not take ten years to reestablish your credit score. There has been a study that states that 96% of debtors were offered new credit after one year of filing bankruptcy.
- You can get credit again! While improving your credit does not happen magically, we will walk you through the steps you need to take. The credit types that people want after a bankruptcy are new car loans, credit cards and home loans. A lot of my clients expressed to me that they are offered credit card and vehicle loan offers after securing their discharge. The reason for this is they are a good credit risk! My clients have discharged and gotten rid of a huge amount of debt which was making them a poor credit risk. By getting rid of the debt and freeing up disposable income they become more attractive to lenders. In addition, people cannot file a bankruptcy petition again for a long time. I am aware of car lenders that may provide finance cars right after you file bankruptcy.
- By virtue of the fact that credit scores are weighted greater towards recent activity and not mistakes you have made in the past, a person that is timely on paying his/her or debts after bankruptcy and handles their other financial decisions in a reasonable and prudent manner, should expect to notice an improved credit score within twelve months after they file. The notion that a person who chooses bankruptcy relief will sentence you to a reality where you cannot get credit is just not correct!
Most people find that going through a divorce is the most stressful part of their lives. When you retain our Firm, “Your” case becomes “Our” case. The Terre Haute divorce lawyers at Rowdy Williams Law Firm, P.C. desire to make it as painless as possible for you and the people closest to you. Our Firm handles cases in both contested and uncontested divorce. At our Firm our divorce attorneys will listen closely to you and answer all of the questions that you have. We will then evaluate your case and provide great legal advice to you regarding all your choice under the laws of Indiana. It is our primary goal to help you make the right decisions that protect your interests. We understand that there is often a lot more happening in your life than your dissolution of marriage action. It is our goal get to know you as a person, so that we are enabled to customize your legal representation in a manner that wins your case. Life changes occur in everyone’s life. However, the stress and uncertainly that you may feel about what is happening does not have to occur. Our skilled divorce lawyers will work relentlessly every day to help you through this difficult time. Although you are not required to have a Terre Haute divorce lawyer to represent you, having an experienced attorney who is familiar with the judges in the Wabash Valley is vital to navigate the complex divorce process.
Our aggressive divorce attorneys can provide the legal advice and personal attention to create a resolution to the following divorce issues:
- Contested divorce
- Uncontested divorce
- High net worth divorce
- Legal separation
- Child custody
- Property division
- Debt division
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Child visitation
- Post decree matters
- Parenting time
Dedicated Child Custody Lawyers. Child custody cases need the skill and knowledge of an experienced child custody attorney. Our Terre Haute child custody attorneys, will provide the legal answers for parents who want what is best for their children, and are committed to winning their case.
We understand how difficult the unimaginable thought of losing custody is, which is why we meticulously develop a good case plan with the goal of winning custody of your child. Going through a Divorce is already hard and complicated, and children scared about the uncertainty of where they live and how much time will be allowed to be spent with the non-custodial parent makes a bad situation even worse.
The Important Role of a Child Custody Attorney. Our family law attorneys provide a free consultation to anyone who is serious about prevailing in the custody dispute. We provide the personal attention to each case. We know that things are not always true that the other party has put in the custody pleadings that are filed with the Court. We will make sure that the judge hears your side of the story.
Rowdy Williams Law Firm, P.C. Combines Trial skills With Compassion
Our child custody attorneys will deliver the knowledge and skill that is required to win your child custody case. Our experience inside and outside of the Wabash Valley courtrooms enables us to deliver exceptional case outcomes for the clients that we represent.
Our Custody law firm will be with you each step of the way. The uncertain time of fighting for your child will become manageable knowing that your child custody lawyer has the trial experience necessary to win your case.
Our Terre Haute Law Firm is mindful of the integrity necessary to build your case while showing bad things about the other parent. This necessity is in no way meant to embarrass the other party; it is simply providing all of the facts necessary to the judge to let him or her determine that is in the best interest of the children.
Family Law (Child Support/Visitation/Guardianship)
Family Law Attorneys Serving Terre Haute and the Surrounding Counties. Hiring a Terre Haute family law attorney requires developing a partnership with your lawyer to achieve the goals in your child support, visitation or guardianship case. Our Firm is committed to your case and will provide the aggressive legal representation that your case deserves. Our highly skilled family law lawyers are dedicated to delivering results for your case. We have the reputation among our clients of being honest, hardworking and relentless in winning your case.
Provide you with personal attention. We will help you win your case regarding the following case types:
- Child Support
- College Expenses