Close Menu
Rowdy G.Williams Law Firm P.C.
812-232-7400 Click Here To Call Us Now For
A Same-Day Consultation
Serving Vigo, Clay, Sullivan, Parke, Vermillion, Greene,
Knox, Putnam and surrounding counties
Home > Terre Haute Family Law Attorney > Terre Haute Child Abuse Lawyer

Terre Haute Child Abuse Lawyer

It’s a horrifying truth, but countless children are abused each day in Indiana. If your child has suffered at the hands of an abuser, speak to a Terre Haute child abuse attorney for help getting your little one to safety.

Children have many protections under the law, but this doesn’t prevent every case of abuse. Unfortunately, children suffer at the hands of parents and caretakers every day, and if your child is one of them, you need to get help fast.

At Rowdy G. Williams Law Firm, we’re concerned for your child’s safety, and we want to ensure that he or she is cared for. If you’re concerned for a child or if you’re not sure how to get him or her out of this situation, contact a Terre Haute child abuse lawyer. Child abuse is a serious offense, and your child deserves safety away from the abuser.  

Programs Offered for Victims of Child Abuse

Fortunately, Indiana offers many programs to prevent child abuse and make sure children and parents alike know the signs of abuse. These programs make it easier for those who work with children to spot these signs, especially since they’re legally obligated to report child abuse.

If your child was in an abusive situation, these programs can help with many issues stemming from the mistreatment so he or she can live a happy, healthy life away from the abuser. This includes programs for the following:

  • Education on signs and risk factors for abuse
  • Counseling
  • Parent aides
  • Case planning
  • Treatment for abuse

What You Can Do About Child Abuse in Terre Haute

One of the first things you can do is call the Indiana Child Protective Services (CPS) hotline at 1-800-800-5556. Doing so may lead to an investigation into your case. CPS will send representatives to speak to the family and child in question. They will interview the family for signs that the child is endangered and needs to be removed from the home.

Once the child has been removed from the dangerous situation, you may need help getting custody of the child. While a child abuse conviction of a former guardian may help your case, you might need someone who can help you get full custody of the child. That someone may be a child abuse lawyer in Terre Haute.

Once your child is away from his or her abuser, you’ll be able to fight back. Having someone on your side to prepare your evidence and fight for your custody rights can help. Moving quickly with the help of a lawyer can get your child into a happier, safer place—quickly and permanently.

Call a Terre Haute Child Abuse Attorney

When your child has been hurt by one of his or her other guardians, you need to take steps to remove your little one from the situation. When you’re dealing with an abuser, calling CPS can help protect the child, but how do you get your child back after this traumatic experience?

A lawyer at our firm can fight for your right to get your child away from an abusive situation. It’s never easy, but with the right attorney on your side, you can get your child out of that situation and into the safety of your care.

If you’re concerned about your child’s safety and you need a Terre Haute child abuse lawyer on your side, call Rowdy G. Williams Law Firm for help with your case. Give us a call at 1-812-232-7400 or fill out the online contact form below to start helping your child today.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Address 1117 Wabash Ave., Terre Haute, IN 47807
Telephone 812-232-7400
FAX 812-235-7340