Close Menu
Rowdy G.Williams Law Firm P.C.
812-232-7400 Click Here To Call Us Now For
A Same-Day Consultation
Serving Vigo, Clay, Sullivan, Parke, Vermillion, Greene,
Knox, Putnam and surrounding counties
Home > Terre Haute Family Law Attorney > Terre Haute Mother’s Rights Lawyer

Terre Haute Mother’s Rights Lawyer

A mother’s rights to her children are important. If you’re concerned that your rights are not being upheld, give a Terre Haute mother’s rights attorney a call.

Most mothers want to see their children as much as possible and live with and support them. When you’ve just divorced, however, that can be difficult, depending on the father’s actions. When you haven’t gotten custody or if you’re dealing with child support as the custodial parent, your problems can become especially complicated.

Unfortunately, this might mean that you’ve ended up feeling like your rights to your child are infringed upon. You’re not allowed to see your child, your former spouse isn’t upholding the custody agreement, or maybe he or she isn’t paying child support. What do you do to get your rights back?

Contacting a Terre Haute mother’s rights lawyer from Rowdy G. Williams Law Firm is a good start. Call us today to discuss your case and what we can do to enforce your rights to your children.

Mother’s Rights for Child Visitation and Custody

As a mother, you deserve to see your children. In most cases, Indiana courts understand how important it is for children to see both parents. Unfortunately, your former spouse might not agree.

Your ex may try to keep you from visitation or from having joint custody through many tactics, such as claiming the child doesn’t want to go. This isn’t acceptable, and your child has a right to see both parents unless the courts say otherwise. Courts may enforce this right with fines or jail time in some situations.

It’s important to note that interfering with custody time is a crime. If you’re concerned that your ex is keeping your child from you without cause, call a mother’s rights lawyer in Terre Haute.

Child Support Rights

Custody isn’t the only way your time with your child or children could be affected. In some cases, your former spouse may attempt to avoid paying child support. When your ex stops paying child support, you and your children could feel the consequences in a big way.

You’ll need to act to have the payments enforced. Luckily, Indiana courts can help. They have a few options to enforce payments or get your former spouse to pay:

  • Suspending drivers licenses
  • Suspending other recreational licenses, like hunting or boating licenses
  • Filing an income-withholding order with the offender’s employer

Consult a Terre Haute Mother’s Rights Attorney

When you’re dealing with a former spouse and your children, the situation can quickly become complex and difficult. After all, as a mother, it’s hard to go without seeing your kids every day. Fortunately, Indiana does allow mothers to claim certain rights to their children.

If you’re struggling to get your rights taken seriously, contact Rowdy G. Williams Law Firm. Our lawyers understand the legal situation you’re in, and they can help when you’re not sure how to proceed.

For help getting started, get in touch with a Terre Haute mother’s rights lawyer. Simply give us a call at 1-812-232-7400 or fill out the contact form below.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Address 1117 Wabash Ave., Terre Haute, IN 47807
Telephone 812-232-7400
FAX 812-235-7340