Close Menu
Rowdy G.Williams Law Firm P.C.
812-232-7400 Click Here To Call Us Now For
A Same-Day Consultation
Serving Vigo, Clay, Sullivan, Parke, Vermillion, Greene,
Knox, Putnam and surrounding counties
Home > Terre Haute Family Law Attorney > Do I Need a Lawyer to Negotiate a Child Custody Arrangement?

Do I Need a Lawyer to Negotiate a Child Custody Arrangement?

In today’s world, it is not uncommon for parents to choose to raise their children without being in a relationship or marriage, and when your relationship has dissolved, you might find that you have trouble coming to a child custody arrangement that works for the whole family.

No matter whether you and your child’s other parent are able to work together amicably, having a highly trained Indiana child custody lawyer by your side can ensure that both parties are treated fairly. We will work diligently to keep the best interests of you and your children a top priority.

Types of Child Custody

There are numerous ways to establish a child custody arrangement. The Indiana family court system recognizes that it is typically in the best interests of the children to spend as much time with both parents as possible.

With this in mind, a joint physical and legal custody arrangement is most commonly sought. Joint custody means that the children will spend time at both parents’ homes and the parents will work together to make important decisions regarding their child’s upbringing.

However, in the event that it would be better for the children to primarily reside with one parent, a partial or sole physical custody arrangement can be enacted. If you need assistance determining which child custody plan would be best for your family, get in touch with a reputable child custody attorney today.

Modifying Your Existing Custody Order

If you currently have an existing child custody order that needs to be modified, having your attorney represent you can expedite the process so all parties can move forward with their lives.

If you and your child’s other parent agree that the modifications are both necessary and in the child’s best interests, it should be relatively simple to have the new order approved by the courts. Should you disagree, you can expect to plead your case in court, where a judge will then determine if and which changes should be made to your existing order.

Work With an Indiana Child Custody Lawyer

You have enough on your plate raising children and worrying about negotiating your child’s custody shouldn’t be on your shoulders alone. An experienced Indiana child custody lawyer at Rowdy G. Williams Law Firm can be by your side to ensure that you aren’t taken advantage of.

Contact our office via telephone at 1-812-232-7400 or fill out the brief contact form below to schedule your complimentary case review today.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Address 1117 Wabash Ave., Terre Haute, IN 47807
Telephone 812-232-7400
FAX 812-235-7340